What data does Waslet process?
These are the types of personal data that Waslet processes:
- data used for personal identification purposes such as surnames, first names, modes of address, addresses, business telephone numbers and (sometimes) private telephone numbers (for deliveries or after-sales service);
- electronic data used for contact purposes such as business e-mail addresses and business mobile telephone numbers.
For what purposes is this data processed and on what legitimate grounds?
Waslet processes this personal data in the course of its business for the following purposes:
- account management (on the basis of Waslet’s legitimate interest in the personal data concerning Waslet’s employees or representatives of customers or for the performance of contracts entered into with the relevant individual), especially for:
– administering offers, orders and deliveries, invoicing tangible and intangible services and for debt-recovery purposes;
– handling requests for technical assistance;
– performing its contractual obligations (Seren-IT®, Sprint®, SpareXpress and other contracts);
– personalised offers as part of our marketing efforts;
– notifying affected customers of security reminders issued by manufacturers.
Why do we share your personal data?
Waslet will never sell your personal data. However, we may share your data with our subcontractors and other providers involved in the performance of our contractual obligations.
How long is personal data kept for?
Personal data is kept for the duration of the relationship with the customer or supplier in question and for 10 years following the end of such relationships.
Any data saved in an archived file will be deleted on expiry of the period for which the archive requires to be kept.
What rights do you have and how do you exercise them?
As data subject, you have a number of rights. They are briefly described below, along with how you can implement them.
Right to information
Please send us any questions you have regarding the storage and processing of your data.
For any other more general information, you may contact the Data Protection Authority.
Rue Haute, 139
Tel.: +32 2 213 85 40
Fax.: +32 2 213 85 65
Right of access
You may at any time write to Waslet to request confirmation of whether or not personal data concerning you is processed and, if it is, you may access that data and receive a free copy of it. A EUR 5 administration charge is made for each additional copy, payable in advance.
Right to rectification
You may at any time write to Waslet to ask for rectification of any personal data concerning you that is incorrect. You may similarly ask for the addition of any information that is missing.
Right to erasure
You may at any time write to Waslet to request deletion of your personal data for any of the following reasons:
- the data is no longer needed having regard to the purposes for which it was collected and processed;
- you have withdrawn the consent on which the processing was based and there is no other legal basis justifying it.
- you object to the processing, for which there is otherwise no overriding legitimate ground;
- the data has been processed unlawfully;
- the data needs to be deleted to comply with a legal obligation.
Right to restriction of processing
Where processing has been restricted, personal data may only be processed, except in the case of storage, with the data subject’s consent, or for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims, or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person, or for reasons of important public interest.
You may write to Waslet to ask for processing to be restricted on one of the following grounds:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal data (processing will be restricted for the time needed to have the data’s accuracy checked);
- the processing is unlawful, you oppose the erasure of your data and you request restriction of its use;
- Waslet no longer needs your personal data for the purposes of the processing but it is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you have objected to the processing (which will be restricted pending verification of whether Waslet has legitimate grounds that override yours).
Right to object
You have the right at any time to object in writing to Waslet on grounds relating to your particular situation to processing of your personal data that is based on performance of a task carried out in the public interest or for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Waslet
Waslet will no longer process that personal data unless it is demonstrated that there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or it does so for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where your personal data is processed for direct marketing purposes you have the right to object to such processing at any time.
Right to data portability
You have the right, exercisable by writing to Waslet, to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format and to transmit that data to another controller without hindrance from Waslet where:
- the processing is based on your consent or a contract; and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
Right to withdraw consent
Where processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw it at any time by sending a written request to Waslet. Withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal.
Right to file a complaint
Waslet does everything it can to ensure compliance with its legal data protection obligations and to respond as quickly as possible to complaints submitted to it in this respect.
Should you not be satisfied with the response you receive, you may file a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Rue Haute, 139
Tel.: +32 2 213 85 40
Fax.: +32 2 213 85 65